Install and troubleshoot Network Communication Systems (VSAT & LTE), Cell Boosters, Intercoms & Cameras, predominantly in support of the inland oil and gas industry, along with Commercial and Residential Security / Video Surveillance Systems.
Role Priorities /Responsibilities:
- Install, Operate, and Maintain 2-way Network Communication Systems & Security equipment.
- Test circuits and other electronic components using various testing meters and devices. Isolates defects and corrects them.
- Conduct field testing to troubleshoot cause of interruptions or interference of services.
- Diagnose/ resolve technical problems related to the use of computers, printers, fax machines and other related communications equipment & security Systems.
- Install and troubleshoot network and intercom cabling and terminations.
- Adhere to all safety regulations within TanMar and that of our customers at all times.
- Assist with tracking & documenting equipment for inventory purposes.
- Maintain a Customer Service attitude that is positive and productive.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of company provided tools and vehicles.
- Coordinate with NOC to ensure All Communication Systems are fully functional and operating at Optimum capabilities.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Has working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook & Basic Network Settings
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems in 2-way systems and other communications equipment
- Perform skilled shop work in the repair of electronic communication equipment
- Operate hand tools such as drills, impact drivers, multi-meters, soldering irons, cutters and crimpers
- Keep records, prepare reports, and work orders as required for daily operations
- Is highly customer-oriented and able to effectively demonstrate oral and written communication
- Maintain professional demeanor and appearance (per customer and regulation requirements)
- Some physical effort is required in that incumbent is required to move or lift VSAT / LTE packages, cable spools, terminals, tool boxes and ladders.
- Must work occasionally in awkward positions such as bending, stooping, climbing ladders and towers, and crawling in attics and basements, and operate forklifts and man-lifts.
- Hazards are present in electrical shocks and minor cuts and bruises.
- Fumes, dust and noises are present.
Education and Experience:
- Training from a two year vocational school, Associate’s degree, or equivalent training
- Oilfield and or military telecommunications experience is highly desired
- Medical Insurance with Dental and Vision Coverage – Family coverage available at a discounted corporate rate
- Vacation/Personal Time (5 days) after one year of continuous employment
- 401(k) plan with company match of 1/3 of your contributions
- Life insurance -$20K